Marketing of Android Apps is indeed a challenging, albeit interesting aspect which could be really enjoyed if the marketer sets his or her mind to it? Further it also demands a great deal of skills, expertise and knowledge about how competitive advertising works in the current scenario. Indeed, as readers could surmise, marketing Android Apps sensibly and avoiding its pitfalls are indeed major aspects that need to be kept in mind always. These six aspects need to be taken special care of, in order to gain the best advantages of successful Android app launches.
Common Android App Marketing Mistakes
- Marketing Strategy: An excellently drafted and placed advertisement does not necessarily guarantee downloads by interested and prospective customers, or user downloads. The modus operandi of the ad, its wordings, contents, message and visual aids, if need be, all contribute to its visual impact and influence on potential visitors. Ads should also be concise, to the point and succinct and not delving on irrelevant or unwanted matters. Importance words or phrases need to be made conspicuous, bold and eye catching. It must be remembered that Google competes with iOS software in for provided greater and more attractive customer experiences. The choice of words in the ads is very important and need to be well thought of, and should not rake up future controversies or arguments of any kind. Marketing Strategies are indeed at the core of app success and cannot be afforded to be ignored, or compromised.
- Lack of comment section: The feedback’s do play important roles in deciding future course of action. There needs to be maximum customer servicing motives by placing segments for satisfied and contented customers, who are allowed to provide feedback’s for other target users to read and take note of, if need be. Comment sections are important since they encourage and stimulate interaction and interfacing with comments by readers. Comments stimulates healthy interactions and often offers major scope for remedial actions and all round improvements.
- Ignoring the Ultimate Consumer preference aspects: This is, by far, the most critical mistake that could be created by app developers. Developers provide Android apps for competitive reasons, better business and commercial advantages, besides providing an ultimate mobile experience. However, many time’s needs, aspirations and requirements of large sections of customer base are ignored. They are often flooded with apps which serve little, if no purpose, even if provided free of cost. Thus this mistake of not understanding pulse of consumer and market dynamics may prove costly or even fatal in the end.
- Creating only web-based apps: This is also a major mistake, in terms of taking the customer for granted, as always having net connectivity and perpetual web access. Successful Android apps should also be able to work in locations which do not have access to web networks always. Choosing only web located networks are indeed weighted down against those who are not so inclined. Besides, building native apps could be tough propositions if not properly and adroitly handled with maximum tact and understanding. Non web based apps also help solve issues related to web connectivity, linkages and other related problems.
- Building for multiple platforms all at once: Competition is indeed strong and robust with both Google Play and Apple App Store having more than one million apps, apiece. This not only increases costs but also reduces effectiveness, so it is best to focus on just one platform at the beginning. This also helps gain the most viable product into the app store. Besides launching on several platforms simultaneously may need concurrent design and functionality changes, or both, which adds up to more development costs and time. It would thus be more advisable to finalize app on iOS and after a number of repeated steps, port it to Android, or vice versa.
- Ignoring aspects of Analytics: One could never image the website without Google Analytics or other tracking tools and this is applicable also in case of mobile which needs analytics very much. Using appropriate analytics service does make data driven decisions based on authentic s like data structure and design, content value and importantly, user experiences. Measurements are indeed important aspects in business and need be given the importance it needs. For instance the major measurements that are needed in most apps are in terms of Daily Active users, Retention Rate, Average Time Spent within the App, App Crashes and finally Engagements. All these are performance based and offer great deal of necessary statistical data and information.
By taking cognizance and avoiding pitfalls of the above kind, it is possible to enhance much vaulted marketing aspects of Android Apps to gain and sustain major competitive advantages and offer best customer satisfaction and user benefits, on long term basis.